3 Reasons Every Business Needs to Monitor Social Media

Marketing, Design and More

3 Reasons Every Business Needs to Monitor Social Media


Decades ago, social media was something that no business needed to worry about. However, the popularity of the internet has now led to social media become something that many people utilize each day. In fact, statistics show that Facebook alone has nearly 2 billion active monthly users around the world. These users are producing enormous amounts of data each second. Considering that, it’s wise for a business to ensure they are utilizing text mining software, especially considering the popularity of social media. Here are three reasons why your brand will benefit from social media data analysis software.

  1. Not Having to Monitor Brand Mentions Manually

    Considering that massive amount of people that are on social media websites each day, it stands to reason that large amounts of data are always being created. Unfortunately, trying to monitor all of this data manually creates huge headaches for any business. You’ll find it much easier to utilize text mining software to assist in finding mentions of your brand across popular social media outlets. In fact, the International Data Corporation estimates that less than 1% of all data is every truly analyzed. However, the use of text mining software helps to bridge the gap which helps your brand utilize the other 99% of available data.
  2. Showing Customers Your Business Cares

    Customers often take to their favorite social media website to voice their opinions concerning a brand, good or bad. Needless to say, it’s wise to make use of sentiment analysis for brand reputation management. Text mining software can help find all mentions of your brand across social media websites, giving you the power to respond accordingly. Many customers feel that, while a brand may have social media channels, they often don’t respond to followers. However, social media monitoring software allows your brand to utilize the power of topic tagging to accurately find mentions of your company to show customers that their voices are being heard.
  3. Building Relationships With Social Media Influencers

    In the age of social media, influencers are those who have obtained massive amounts of followers. Not utilizing social media monitoring software could mean missing out on responding to someone with a large following. Topic tagging allows a brand to monitor what is popular around social media, creating huge advantages in terms of market research. In turn, you’ll likely find that those with large amounts of social media followers are talking about these popular topics. Partnering with popular social media celebrities can drastically increase the awareness of your brand in the online realm.

To summarize, there are several benefits of utilizing social media monitoring software. This type of software allows mentions of a brand to be monitored much easier than attempting to do so manually. In fact, statistics show that all information contained in the digital universe will reach over 40 ZB by the year 2020. Considering that, it’s far wiser to utilize software rather than searching for brand mentions manually. Many brands utilize topic tagging to search across social media for both positive and negative mentions of their respective companies. Knowing what is being said about your brand helps to ensure you’re able to respond accordingly to any mentions that occur throughout social media websites. Certain companies utilize social media monitoring software to find and partner with those with large amounts of followers, instantly helping to increase brand recognition.

Leave a Reply